Hey friends,
I have almost made it through my week of bed rest. Tomorrow we leave for my follow up appointment and I feel hopeful that things will turn out ok. Its been an emotional week because I don't like being in doors all the time. And it turns out I don't really like pain...Also, I must admit, I have been having some anxiety about all this. Being indoors has forced me to face my giants. I feel like I wake up in the mornings having done battle during the night.
Last summer, I had a conversation with a coworker. He told me that he was reading a book about how to help people through grief or through periods of struggle in life. And a practical thing he mentioned to me was leaving a little light on at night that the person can see. This serves as a visual reminder to them of God's true light and the hope that comes with that. So, I thought to follow his advice. And my coworker was right. I see that little bathroom light emerge in the midst of my fitful dreams. And I am reminded.
Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have seen since the beginning. This old command is the message which you have heard. Yet I am writing you a new command, its truth is seen in Him and you, because the darkness is passing and the true light is already shining. 1 John 2:7-8
No comments:
Post a Comment