I had a funny conversation with one of my closest friends here today. P lives down the street from me. And from day one, we really hit it off. We really have a good connection despite the language and culture gap.
Today I went by her house to wish her Happy Diwali. Soon after I sat down, she looked deep into my eyes and asked "tell me the truth, do you have a boyfriend"? I generally avoid this topic all together because it gets sticky. They have a different concept of what boyfriends are around here. But, she is my friend so I decided to try to explain. After explaining things a bit she said "but how will you meet your husband? And I answered 'Well, it's in God's hands. I am not worried"
In pure seriousness she said "Cathy...just listen to your heart"
So..how did I respond?
I broke out into song of course.
Listen to your heart...when he's calling to you...listen to your heart...there's nothing else you can do... She just bobbed her head to the music. The thing was, she didn't think it strange at all that I just busted out into song like that. Fun times.
3 comments:
awe...SOME!!! cathy i love that! can we make your movie the next time you're in the states?
Cath, this is, by far, the best blog post you've ever written. If only I had been there, I would have sung it with you--as a duet. Now I'll be singing that to myself all day :)
This is AWESOME! I miss you, Cathy! So much. I would've sung with you too. (I actually thought of those lyrics when I read her piece of dialogue.) I'm lifting you up, friend. Hugs and love! Jill
Post a Comment