If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me; your right hand will hold me fast
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Bollywood Here I Come!
Along with two other coworkers, I have moved east to start on a 6 week intensive study of the language. We are supposed to be spending alot of time out in the community to immerse ourselves. Well, when I arrived here, I learned about the opportunity to attend a Bollywood dance class several times a week. So, tonight was my first night. And those of you who know me well, know that I am not that great of a dancer so I was a pretty funny sight. The teacher, Ms. S is such a diva! Her claim to fame is that she was an extra in a couple of the Bollywood movies. Anyway, she was delighted to have us and very understanding of my lack of dancing talent. I am excited about this class because 1) it will give me good chance to exercise 2) it will help me with language and culture 3) I have always wanted to be a Bollywood dancer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ha ha!! I can just picture it!
i love it!! i'm so glad you're doing this, what a great way to get acculturated and introduce others to your *ahem* innovative moves :-)
I totally think you'd be a great Bollywood dancer. Shake your groove thang.
Post a Comment