Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ode to Typhoid "Fiver"

I am here in the hospital, getting treatment for typhoid fever. I go through times of feeling pretty rotten and then go through times when I feel better. In my fevered state, a little poem came to me.

Got the typhoid "fiver"
Really makes me shiver
It affects my liver
And makes my muscles quiver

My eyes are seeing spots
Now I get these shots
Last week my skin had dots
But lots of help..I've gots

My head just keeps a' paining
Outside its always raining
My temperature is gaining
But fluids are maintaining

My nights are turning long
But medicine is strong
At least I know whats wrong
And thats why I write this song

5 comments:

Marc & Amy said...

oh Cat- I'm so sorry!, though I loved the poem. It made me remember how we used to take our little journals & pens & have poem writing "competitions" about any little thing we could think of! :) ha!

The Reeds said...

That's so awful but I'm glad you got answers...

john & ellen said...

awesome poetry! it's so you to take a wretched thing like typhoid and make a little cathy-ditty with it! read all the verses you can on suffering and how it's not worthy to be compared with all that's ahead. much love and prayers for you.

Justine said...

Loved the poem!! Still praying for you to get well quickly!!

Matt & Allison Willis said...

Dearest Cathy,
We are so sorry to hear you are in the hospital! Oh how I wish we could hop on a flight and come visit you. We love you and are praying for a quick healing. You are so brave and we admire you so much. All our love,
Allison, Matt, Joshua and Jenna