Sunday, January 3, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Ever since I had gotten back from Nepal, I have felt a bit under the weather. I thought it was the typical "under the weather" condition that most folks deal with from time to time here. But over Christmas, things just started to turn worse. This past Tuesday, I started the day with a splitting headache and nausea. Again, I just thought it was the "splitting headache and nausea" that most folks deal with from time to time here. Finally, on New Years Day, I was sitting in church and just started feeling really terrible. Heather and I had to excuse ourselves and leave early. The entire world turned oolta poolta (the Hindi word I just learned meaning "topsy turvey" as I sat on the curb waiting for Heather to hail a rickshaw. On a funny side note, a local lady approached me. I thought her initial intentions were to check on my well being. But oh no...even after I said "me BAHOOT beemar hey" (I am VERY sick) she raddled of the typical questions of "who are you? What are you doing here? What is your qualification to be here? Why are you a white person in my town? Why are you sitting on the curb? Who do you think will the next prime minister"? Ok...not really ALL those questions but you get the point. After the second question, I was rude and just virtually ignored her, thankful to see Heather come up in the rickshaw. Maybe I can make it up to the random question lady one day.

So, we came into the capital city to see the doctor. They have run a myriad of tests but tests don't make me feel any better. So I am sitting here on this rainy Monday and just praying that He will heal me in time for our scheduled training this week. I sang the words "my very present help in time of need" yesterday and those words meant something entirely different to me. No matter how long you walk with Him, He is always coming up with new things to teach us.While I am a bit discouraged and disappointed, He really is my present help. He sent me sweet friends who bring me coffee just how I like it and or make sure I am ok while laying on the cold floor in the middle of the night. (thanks Heather) He send me a good doctor that has been very thourough in her asssessment and has kind eyes and a gentle touch .Honestly, I don't currently sense His presence but I know He is here with me.

I am going back to the doc in a few hours to see what the next plan of action is. Please be lifting me up. Love you.

2 comments:

Justine said...

Praying for you Cathy!! So sorry you are not well, I know on top of everything else that can be so discouraging!! Know that we are taking you to the Father...he really is there caring for you although I know sometimes it can be hard to feel it!! Love you!!

Sam and Charis said...

So glad to have found your blog! Pr'ing that you are well soon.
~c