Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Slumpy Wednesday

All day long I have been a bit 'ho hum'. When my language tutor wanted me to say a sentence this morning I would respond like this "(deep sigh....) Um.....when I was a child, my favorite subject was reading. (another deep sigh....)

As I went to the bazaar this afternoon, people seemed to be staring at me harder. The sun seemed extra bright and hot. It's a school holiday right so there are lots of teenagers just standing around being bored. The word for trouble maker is "nut kut" So there were a lot of nut kuts out today. Again...a deep sigh....

I mentioned before that one of our favorite breaks is to go to the "mall" here and watch a Hindi movie. We can sit in the air conditioned dark theater, eat popcorn, and not have to speak in Hindi to anyone. So, when Heather suggested that for this afternoon, I was happy to take her up on it. The people at the "mall" are notorious for not being very friendly. So I was not surprised when my friendly efforts were rejected by a lady I was standing in line with. Being nice sometimes does not get me far here. Another deep sigh...

As we were coming home, It dawned on me.. OHHH its Wednesday. Wednesdays are notorious for being a bit slumpy. I was actually kinda relieved when I realized it. My week has been normal enough for there to be a Slumpy Wednesday. Another deep sigh. Welcome back Slumpy Wednesday. Good thing tomorrow is Thursday.

2 comments:

john & ellen said...

though weeping (or deep sighing) may last for the night (or for the wednesday) joy comes in the morning (thursday morning)! it's so relieving when you see the patterns--it's never forever and you can always remember that in the end, then enemy ALWAYS loses!

Sherry said...

Hang in there. So glad to hear that your vision is getting better.